HWA CHONG INSTITUTION
We nurture leaders in Research, Industry and Government to serve the nation
Education is at the heart of the Hwa Chong experience. The Institution is seeking high achieving individuals who are excited about education to join our team. We are looking for individuals with passion, purpose and drive. If you thrive on working in an innovative and dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you.
Position: ESTATE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
As an Estate Management Officer, you will be provided support in the area of Estate & Facilities Management, Safety & Security and Logistics
- Manage estate and facilities
- Conduct routine checks on facilities cleanliness and safety
- Repair and replace M&E fittings and equipment
- Supervise contractors
- Attend to stakeholders’ requests and/or feedback
- Provide logistic support to school events & activities
- A dynamic and motivated individual with a Diploma in Estate Management and Building Services or related qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experienced candidates without the required qualification may also apply
Position: FACILITIES OFFICER - Contract / Temporary (12 months)
- Responsible for overall maintenance, security, and cleanliness of the building(s) and grounds
- Perform troubleshooting of routine maintenance and repairs problems, fixing up installations, rectification of maintenance works, plumbing work
- To look after the upkeep and general care of the Boarding School buildings, compound and surroundings.
- Perform daily inspections around the Boarding School to identify and resolve any issues that may cause inconvenience to the Boarding school’s community
- General maintenance and minor repair work including (but not limited to): doors, windows, toilet seats and flushes, furniture, tap washers and some painting of doors and walls
- Lead and conduct regular joint inspection with cleaning service provider
- Report cleaning deficiency
- To support and implement all Safe Management Measures within the Boarding school
- Other duties as required by the Management
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience
- Working experience in a school setting is desirable
- Independent, resourceful, strong positive attitude and able to perform under pressure with minimum supervision
Position: Physics Laboratory Technician
- Planning, procuring and prepare materials for daily practicals, enrichment session and practical assessments. Apparatus and materials planning and preparation for practical sessions and practical assessments.
- Liaising with vendors and evaluation of quotations from suppliers for consumables and lab equipment.
- Prepare and propose yearly budget for Physics Laboratories.
- Stock taking of inventory for Physics laboratories during school breaks.
- Regular maintenance and servicing of lab apparatus / equipment to ensure optimum working conditions.
- Effecting minor repairs to apparatus and lab facilities where necessary.
- Conduct risk assessment of Physics laboratories. Put in place and enforce safety guidelines in the laboratories.
- Risk assessment form preparation for practical tasks to be performed each school term.
- Keeping account of breakages/losses/damages during practical sessions.
- Aiding teachers in preparing and setting up lessons’ demonstration equipment / apparatus.
- Clearing and cleaning of laboratories and apparatus used after practical sessions and practical assessments.
- Supervise and schedule the cleaning up of laboratories during school breaks.
- Supervise, allocate and support the work of lab attendant.
- Any other duties as assigned by the school.
- Diploma or Degree in Physics or related field of studies (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
- Work experience in research laboratories or related laboratory work.
- Knowledge in Physics or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge in laboratory management.
- Team player and also able to work independently.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with students and staff is an advantage.
If you thrive on working in a dynamic and innovative environment, please submit your detailed CV, supporting documents and expected remuneration to
The Recruitment Officer
Hwa Chong Institution
661 Bukit Timah Road S 269734
Only short-listed candidates will be notified