DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION EXERCISE 2018
We have completed our DSA exercise for 2018. Please refer to the MOE website for details (https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec).BACK TO TOP
Hwa Chong Institution (High School) Entrance Examination: Admission Year 2019
Our entrance examination is only open to candidates who are interested to be admitted into Secondary Three: AY2019. There are no vacancies for the other levels in High School.
Candidates must meet either of the two criteria listed below.
1) Current students of a local mainstream secondary school. Please note that students who have been admitted to their current school via DSA-Sec or AEIS exercise are NOT eligible for school transfer.
2) Returning Singaporeans (RS). RS may also participate in the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporean (SPERS). For more information on SPERS, please refer to MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans
Closing date for application
The closing date for application is Friday, 19 October 2018. The examination will be held in the High School Section on Thursday, 8 November 2018.
Candidates will have to sit for three tests:
|Subject Name||Duration||Tested on||Remarks|
|English Language||2 hours||
Section A: Essay
Section B: Comprehension
|Chinese Language||1 hour||入学语文能力鉴定测验: 作文||The use of dictionary or electronic dictionary that is approved by the Singapore Ministry of Education|
|The use of electronic calculator is permitted|
- Hwa Chong Institution is a Special Assistance Plan school (SAP) in which our students must study English and Chinese at first language level.
- The HCI (High School) is an all-boys' school.
- School fee rates are available on our website under 'School Fee Structure'.
Interested applicants should mail the completed application form together with the cheque for the examination fee ($200, inclusive of GST) to the mailing address indicated below. Cheque payment should be payable to” Hwa Chong Institution”. Alternatively, application form and payment may be submitted in person at our High School Reception Office.
Mailing address is as follows:
Entrance Exam (High School)
Hwa Chong Institution
661 Bukit Timah Road
Incomplete application forms or applications without payment will be considered void.
Applicants should contact the school by email at email@example.com or tel: 64665912 ext 5912 if they do not receive the entrance examination time schedule by Friday, 26 October 2018.
Interview for shortlisted applicants: Last week of November 2018 (only if necessary).
Notification of Results: Friday, 7 December 2018 (by Email & Post)
Details of the results will NOT be disclosed. The school’s decision on the outcome of the entrance examination is final.