Details of DSA 2018 will be available after 7th May 2018BACK TO TOP
Hwa Chong Institution (High School) Entrance Examination: Admission Year 2018
Our entrance examination is only open to candidates who are interested to be admitted into Secondary Three: AY2018. There are no vacancies for the other levels in High School.
Candidates must meet either of the two criteria listed below.
1) Current students of a local mainstream secondary school. Please note that students who have been admitted to their current school via DSA-Sec or AEIS exercise are NOT eligible for school transfer.
2) Returning Singaporeans (RS). RS may also participate in the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporean (SPERS). For more information on SPERS, please refer to MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans
Closing date for application
The closing date for application is Friday, 20 October 2017. The examination will be held in the High School Section on Tuesday, 7 November 2017.
Candidates will have to sit for three tests:
|Subject Name||Duration||Tested on||Remarks|
|English Language||2 hours||
Section A: Essay
Section B: Comprehension
|Chinese Language||1 hour||入学语文能力鉴定测验: 作文||The use of dictionary or electronic dictionary that is approved by the Singapore Ministry of Education|
Topics click here
|The use of electronic calculator is permitted|
- Hwa Chong Institution is a Special Assistance Plan school (SAP) in which our students must study English and Chinese at first language level.
- The HCI (High School) is an all-boys' school.
- School fee rates are available on our website under 'School Fee Structure'.
Complete the application form. You can mail the form, together with the Examination Fee ($200, inclusive of GST). For cheque payment, please make it payable to "Hwa Chong Institution". Alternatively, please submit the form and payment in person at our High School Reception Office.
For those who intend to send the application form by mail, please use the address that is given below.
To: Entrance Exam (High School)
Hwa Chong Institution
661 Bukit Timah Road
If the application form is incompletely filled or the payment is omitted in the submission, the application will be rendered as void. Applicants should contact the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 64665912 ext 5912 if they do not receive the entrance examination time schedule by Friday, 27 October 2017.
Interview for shortlisted applicants: Last week of November 2017 (only if necessary).
Notification of Results: Friday, 8 December 2017 (Email & POST)
Details of the results will NOT be disclosed. The school’s decision on the outcome of the entrance examination is final.
International students, who wish to seek admission to mainstream schools, are required to pass the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS).
For more information, please refer to MOE website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students
Accommodation facilities are available at our boarding school located within the school premises. Other relevant information is available on the Hwa Chong Boarding School homepage: http://www.hcibs.edu.sg/BACK TO TOP