Important DSA Information for Year 2013
(Hwa Chong Open House: 25th May, 8.00am – 2.00pm)
1. Register online
- (http://apps.hci.edu.sg/forms/dsa/registration/) from 25th May 2013.
- Only ONLINE APPLICATIONS are accepted.
2. SHORTLISTED candidates will be notified by email and will have to submit the following documents on their respective test dates:
- Primary 5 Final Exam Results
- Primary 6 Mid-Year Exam Results
- Application fee of $50 (non-GEP candidates)/$30 for (current GEP candidates)
3. SUCCESSFUL candidates will be notified by the end of August. Do accept HCI’s offer by:
- Placing HCI as the FIRST CHOICE in the DSA Option Exercise.
- WAITLISTED CANDIDATES MUST place HCI as the FIRST CHOICE.
4. MOE will release the PSLE & DSA results in Mid-November 2013.
- You will be posted by MOE to your secondary school based on your RANKED CHOICES and the availability of places in these schools.
There will be TWO ROUNDS of the DSA exercise conducted for pupils falling under the following categories:
DSA ROUND 1
1. Current students in the Gifted Education Programme
2. Singapore Math Olympiad for Primary Schools (Platinum, Gold, Silver medalists)
3. Singapore-Malaysia Schools Bilingual Olympiad (Top 30 winners)
4. Hwa Chong Institution Bicultural Camp (Camp Leaders)
DSA ROUND 2
1. Leadership, music & academic talents
- You must obtain a registration no. (REG No.) from the MOE Customer Service Centre (68722220) BEFORE applying for DSA through the online application.
- International Students without Dependant's Pass, Immigration Exemption Order and whose parents are not Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents are to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Student (AEIS) conducted by MOE.
- Confirmation of placement for the year 2014 (Secondary 1) under DSA will be subject to your AEIS results. More details can be found at http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/admissions/international-students.
- You will NOT be allowed to use your MOE Qualifying Test results for DSA.
You must have studied Chinese AND/OR Higher Chinese to be eligible to apply for DSA to Hwa Chong Institution.
Key dates for PSLE pupils to note
|By End-August 2013||Release of DSA Results|
|26 September -2 October 2013||Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE)|
19 October 2013
DSA Parents’ Symposium@HCI
- Details to be disseminated via email
21-25 October 2013
DSA Option Exercise by MOE:
- Forms issued by Primary Schools
- The School Preference Exercise is conducted online via the DSA-Secondary Internet System.
25-29 November 2013
|Release of PSLE & DSA Results by MOE|
18 December 2013
|Release of Secondary 1 Posting Results by MOE|
19 December 2013
|Secondary 1 Registration@HCI|
6 Jan 2014
|Commencement of Academic Year 2014|
BACK TO TOP
The Hwa Chong school-based Gifted Education programme, hosted by the iSpark Consortium, emphasises the student’s total development, which spans the moral, intellectual, physical, social and aesthetic realms. A varied curriculum and enrichment programme has been designed in accordance with a constructivitist and investigative approach.
In-class enrichment and curriculum differentiation, including interdisciplinary studies, leadership development and individualised research projects, are key features of this programme.
The iSpark Consortium also hosts talent development programmes within the Centre for Scholastic Excellence, so that each student is academically stretched to his fullest potential. In addition he receives an equally enriching and meaningful character education which encourages him to work with the community through the global community outreach and the service-learning initiative.BACK TO TOP
The application for the High School Entrance Examination is now open to students who are Singaporeans, Permanent Residents or *International Students. They can apply directly to Hwa Chong Institution (HCI) for a place in the Secondary Two and Three for the 2013 academic year. The closing date for application is 22 October 2012.
[Admission into Secondary One via Direct School Admission has also ended.]
The Entrance Examination will be held in the High School Section on 5 November 2012 (Monday).
Candidates will have to sit for three tests:
• English Language,
• Chinese Language and
Please download the application form (Closed)
Pupils who have been successfully allocated to a secondary school under the DSA-Sec Exercise are not allowed to transfer school as they are expected to honour their commitment to their posted DSA-Sec schools.
Before you apply, please note the following essential information.
• Hwa Chong Institution is a Special Assistance Plan school (SAP) in which our students must study English and Chinese at first language level.
• The HCI (High School) is an all-boys' school.
• The new school academic year starts on 7 January 2013.
• School fee rates are available on our website under 'School Fee Structure'.
Complete the application form. You can either mail the form, together with the Examination Fee ($200, inclusive of GST) or submit the form and payment in person at our High School Reception Office.
For those who intend to send the application form by mail, please use the address that is given below.
To: Entrance Exam (High School)
c/o Ms Sharmaine Teng
Hwa Chong Institution
661 Bukit Timah Road
If the application form is incompletely filled or the payment is omitted in the submission, the application will be rendered as void. Applicants should contact the school by email at Entrance_Exam@hc.edu.sg or tel: 64665912 if they do not receive the entrance examination time schedule by 1 November 2012.
*International Students (IS)
International Students can apply to sit for the HCI Entrance examination if they belong to any one of following categories:
Holders of Dependent Pass (DP) / Immigration Exemption Orders (IEO)
Children of Singapore Citizens / SPR parents,
International Students who are currently studying in a local mainstream Secondary school
Otherwise, they apply through the Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) that is conducted by the Ministry of Education of Singapore. The offer of a school place is based on available school vacancies and IS performance in the AEIS. There would be no school choices for successful applicants. Requests for school transfers will not be entertained.
For more information, please refer to MOE website: http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/admissions/international-students
International students who wish to study in Singapore are required to apply for an International Student Pass with the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). A local sponsor (Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident) is needed. The school does not provide guardianship.
Accommodation facilities are available at our boarding school located within the school premises. Other relevant information is available on the Hwa Chong Boarding School homepage: http://www.hcibs.edu.sg/